Ah yes…you can hear the commencement speeches filling the air. It’s the time of year when young men and women close one chapter of their lives and start another. So aside from the wisdom that they have gained from their educations up until this point…we thought it might be intriguing to get some advice from a generation that has already been there and done that. Here is some advice to the Senior Class of 2017 from some of our assisted living seniors.
5 Life Lessons from our Assisted Living Senior Class
- Keep your mind open and don’t stress if you have to start at the bottom to work your way up. You can do it! Learn the value of hard work.
- Knowledge is power. Continue your education because that is something that no one can take away from you.
- Wake up each day with an open mind and a full heart. Everyone will not always have the same values as you. Stay rooted to what you know while still showing kindness.
- Think before you speak. Run it through your head before it comes out of your mouth.
- Save your money. You don’t have to have everything you want right now.
Good luck to the Class of 2017 from everyone at
Great Oaks Management and our communities.
Pictured above is Great Oaks Management resident,
Sara Hamrick and her granddaughter Victoria.