Don’t you just love the smell of Barbecue cooking on the grill? Nothing says the start of summer like a backyard barbecue with friends and family. May is National Barbecue Month and it’s time to fire up those grills and start your summer.
This year, why not try a few new twists on your regular barbecue. Here are 5 tips to make this summer special:
- Choose some different meats to grill. We all love hamburgers, chicken and steak. How about some Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Jalapeno burgers, or Cajun Pork Chops? Look for some variety to your usual grilled meat choices.
- Choose colorful veggies to jazz things up. Colorful skewers of red bell pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and onion are fun and healthy. Corn and potatoes are great but take a look at the farmers market or your garden for something you haven’t grilled before and give it a try.
- Choose some fruit to grill. Peaches, pears, pineapple, bananas, even strawberries are fun on the grill. The heat of the grill brings out the natural sweetness of the fruit and makes it a real treat.
- Try steaming side dishes on the grill. The smoke of the fire will add a new depth of flavor to traditional side dishes.
- How about some pizza on the grill? Break out your favorite pizza toppings and put that pizza on the grill. The smoke of grilling will add a new twist to pizza.
So get those grills fired up, put your thinking cap on and brainstorm some new ideas to kick off your summer with the grill.