Put down that coffee mug and grab your tea cup. Tea is officially “good for you” in that it is loaded with antioxidants and phytochemicals which benefit your health in lots of ways. Real Tea is made from a particular plant (Camellia sinensis) and only comes in four varieties black, white, green and oolong. Anything else like “herbal tea” is an infusion of other plants and technically not Tea.
Below are some ways that Tea can benefit our health:
- Tea can boost exercise endurance, helping us keep those New Year’s resolutions to exercise more.
- Some research studies have indicated that Tea can help protect against cardiovascular disease or heart attack.
- The antioxidant properties of Tea can help fight various cancers according to some research.
- Tea helps keep us hydrated.
- Green Tea can help our bodies’ better process sugars.
- Green Tea has been shown to improve bone density and strength.
So get out those tea pots and brew some tea. While you are at it, try several different varieties to see which ones you like best. Who knew drinking Tea could be good for you!