Winter is Coming!
As the days grow shorter the weather follows suit. Temperatures are beginning to drop, especially at night. It is important to remember to take precautions to stay warm no matter your age, but these upcoming months can be particularly hard on Seniors. With that in mind, here are some tips to ensure the cold of winter does not find its way inside.
Tips to Stay Warm:
- Keep the thermostat at or above 68 degrees.
- If you venture outside, remember to take a hat, gloves, and a scarf.
- On cold days dress warm, even if you plan on being inside. Layer appropriately. You can always take layers off, but it will be hard to add any layers if you have left the house already.
- Stay active even if you cannot make it oustide.
- If you live alone, have someone check up on you occasionally.
- Loose layers are the key to dressing up for chilly days spent outside.
- Do not stay out in the cold for too long.
- If you have health problems that make it hard to stay warm, consult a doctor.
For more information on staying warm, be sure to check out this brochure from the National Institute on Aging.
For more information on Senior Care, visit our site GreatOaksMangement.com.