Seniors value their independence more than any other generation. They come from a generation that did not rely on anything but their own hard work and responsibility to make their living. At Great Oaks Management, we feel that it is our duty to protect that independence. Please take a moment of your time to share these ideas with your friends and loved ones who may experience some of these issues.
There are four common threats to a Senior’s Independence:
- Poor Nutrition
- Weight Loss
- Medication Non-Compliance
All of these risk factors can lead to serious injuries and can even be fatal.
So What Can You Do To Help?
- Make sure your senior eats three balanced meals every day and that their weight is checked at least once monthly.
- Eliminate medications that are not specifically prescribed by a Primary Care Physician.
- Make sure your senior takes their medications exactly as prescribed.
- Make sure pathways are clear at all times and assistive devices, such as walkers, are being used consistently and correctly.
For more information, visit us at www.GreatOaksManagement.com.